Ivanabitch Vodka selling their 750ml bottles in 6 pack cases.

Ryan S.

So what are the pros and cons of this? I found it kind of interesting. Im in the process of making our cases and am now wondering if we should go this route. Ivanabitch is doing rather well so it doesnt hurt to study them a bit.

Some small distributors require 6 packs.

Could be the reason but Im not positive. Im wondering if they did this for some other sales related reason. This was at a large liquor store(Specs) who has many locations all over Texas. It was the only vodka I saw being sold with 6 750 ml bottles to a case, all others had 12.

I kind of liked the 6 pack idea so Im wondering if its something we should do. I can see people grabbing a case of that vs the big 12 or a couple of the bigger bottles. Also easier to have stacked at the front of the store or in a similar type of display.

I think that in the UK/Europe we mainly have 6 bottles (70cl) in a case these days. They are easy to carry too!

The ease of carry is what has me intrigued and its something that the liquor store employees brought up as being a positive.

What would your rather drag out from the back on a regular basis the light box or the heavy box lol.

Yes. To be honest, I think the main reason why we now use half cases is the EU obsession with 'health and safety' - as cases of 6 are easier to carry. But it does makes sense for employers and employees to avoid strain/injury etc.

If a barmaid has to take deliveries of 12-bottle cases of spirits/wines in a pub/bar cellar (basement) then it can be very difficult.

Plus, by selling in multiples of six rather than twelve... I would think that you're likely to get more sales at the margin.

We've done 6 packs for the last 7 years. We're a small craft distillery which means we do everything by hand including stacking cases. I had no desire to lug 12 packs. Also the fact that distributors usually set a "case" price means the customer may get a price break which will encourage them to buy more and they can get to that case price sooner. No down sides.

We started offering our empty 750mL spirit bottles in 12 packs as we do for our wine bottles but craft distillers asked for 6 packs.

I was told, distributors requested 6 packs.

So, we switched most of our spirit bottles into 6 packs.

Speaking strictly from a sales/distribution standpoint, 6-packs are an easier sell than 12-packs.

During my days as a liquor store manager, I was much more likely to stock and carry a product that sold in 6-packs, as it minimized my investment. I could try a 6-pack of the new product, and if it sold, it would be a stocked product. If it didn't it minimized the money I had sunk into the product. I'd say it could be easier to sell your finished product to a retail location or distributor in the 6-pack format.

We sell in bulk, 6-pack and 12-pack, dependant on customer needs.

when i worked in a bar/pub in the UK... and all cases were in multiples of 6 apart from one brand of wine - Californian Chardonnay - which came in cases of 12. This was the only one.

Stolichnaya, Bombay Sapphire...all spirits and all wine (apart from this US brand) etc.. were in cases of 6.