Equipment for boiling grain

Mudpuppy

I am very curious about what type of equipment people are using to boil grain prier to fermentation. I am just not sure what one would use to bring a large quantity of grain to a boil for making NGS. I am also wondering what type of equipment some of you are using to carbon filter and who the manufactorer is. Thanks for any help that might come from this.

I am very curious about what type of equipment people are using to boil grain prier to fermentation. I am just not sure what one would use to bring a large quantity of grain to a boil for making NGS. I am also wondering what type of equipment some of you are using to carbon filter and who the manufactorer is. Thanks for any help that might come from this.

Here at Colorado Gold we use a 237 gallon mash kettle of my own design. It has a mixer on top to keep the mash moving with a direct steam injection for heating and a jacket for cooling. I had a local welder put it together for me and the cost was 1/4 as compared to purchasing one made by any of the manufacturers of distilling equipment. We use about 350# of differnt grains each time. I can make two mash runs in about 6 hours. Coop

A half-round dairy tank (400 gallons) with lift-up covers and stirring motor is the vessel we use. A commercial boiler for the hot water is necessary to get it up to temperature quickly and economically.

Mud,

I have a welding business that produces bio-pharm equipment. I build to order for now. I make a stainless steel housing for gravity feed filtering up through a bed of carbon. It has three adjustable feet for leveling and and inlet ball valve good for rough metering the flow rate. It has 1" hose barb connections by Triclamp for easy adaptation to your tank. It holds around 1800 cubic inches of carbon. I have built one like this and it is used to filter about 350 gallons of proof liquor before refreshing is necessary. This is up to you I just wanted let you know I can create options that fit the bill.

I can be reached at tridentwelding@yahoo.com

Many thanks

Jester