Square Bottle Labeler

rumfarmer

Does anyone have experience with square bottler labeling? I am working with Label One Connect to produce high quality paper labels for my rum, and they have a great machine that will accurately place these labels on my bottles. But, the machine is very costly. About $8K delivered to me here in Hawaii. While I want to deal with a made in USA company, it is hard to wrap my head around the price for a machine that is still manual. There are various Chinese made machines for less than half the cost. I will absolutely do my label printing with Label One, but the machine might be tough to justify.

If anyone has experience or suggestions, I am open to them.

The Label One Connect TAMP machine is semi-manual. I should have been more specific. It lacks a conveyer belt, but it does automatically place the labels once the bottle is positioned. The racer stuff seems a little too manual. Anyone with experience with other labelers they like?

• 3 weeks later...

Smoog -

The semi-auto labeler from Label One is priced appropriately for the market. I've never seen one in person but it looks well made.

I can certainly understand the need to save money by purchasing a machine from China but keep in mind that the customer support, language barrier, lead time, and availability of spare parts is usually an issue. The stories I've heard would probably change your mind. Better to go with a manufacturer that can support the machine. This will make up for the cost savings in a short time.

Even though the machine is semi-auto I think the value is still there. Accurately placing your label onto the container is very important. It is the first thing people see in the retail environment and if the label is not on straight, the consumer is bound to think the product is lower quality too. This machine will speed up your production and as long as it works well, you'll realise the ROI quickly.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Dave. I am looking for something a little more automated. Still haven't purchased, as my square bottle has failed in 3 pre-production tests. This get's back to Arron's discussion above about China. The Chinese bottles have simply not come out right.