Tapered Bottle Labeller

tl5612

I've read the earlier posts on this forum about labellers, but wondered if anyone had any more knowledge on labellers for tapered bottles?

I am after something manual and simple... the cheaper the better. But so far, my research has led me to believe that labelling tapered bottles can be a bit of a nightmare, unless you have a seriously expensive machine.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks in advance

so far, my research has led me to believe that labelling tapered bottles can be a bit of a nightmare, unless you have a seriously expensive machine.

I've never labeled a seriously tapered bottle, but I've labeled some slightly tapered ones before, so I think that I could see where the taper would create a problem.

But am I crazy to think that the taper could be offset with an appropriate die cut on the label manufacturer's part? This way, any old manual labeler would work (provided that you got the die cut just right).

It seems to me that it would be far more difficult to deal with tapered bottles on an automated line than a manual one.

Good luck,

Nick

one supplier said that a manual labeller can be adjusted to accommodate a taper (i'm looking to label the saverglass neos [dry fly, lovejoy etc].)

this involved something like grinding down the roller (depending on the shape of the bottle) and then re-aligning the reel after each label application. quite tedious and time consuming.

... to be honest, i am leaning towards a different bottle now.

anyway. thanks for the help as usual.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am in the labeling machines industry and for tapered bottles/products it is mportant to have automatic machines.

Why? Because we have asynchronous motors regulated by frequency converters which allow us to set up the outlet speed of the label.

Another very important point is to ask your printing company to make the label regarding the tapered bottle's degree; this will allow to

apply the label perfectly on the tapered product and it will look straight as it should.

With the manufacture I work for, CDA, we do a lot of these machine for the wine industry, for the coating industry and sometimes for food

and we ask the product(s) samples in order to manufacture you the bottle/product pusher (that will hold the bottle while labeling) regarding

your tapered product.

Please let me know if you have any question or if you would like to see some videos.

Kind regards

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...