Does anyone know where to get Scotch and Irish Whiskey barrels?

Well, you'd have to contact distilleries in Scotland and Ireland to obtain Scotch and Irish whisky barrels, seeing that these spirits can not be made here in the states. The shipping/importation costs would be pretty spendy. If you're looking for used USA made single malt whiskey barrels in the style of a Scotch/Irish, then you might be waiting some time, seeing they are reused several times. Plus, Sherry and/or Port finishing barrels are very expensive, so they won't be given up lightly. Your best luck would be to get with a distillery that's into bourbons, seeing that they can only use the barrel once.

Interesting request seeing as most Scotch barrels are used Bourbon barrels from the US. Why not use old Bourbon barrels?

Once these barrels have been filled 4 times in Scotland I think their life is pretty much over. Or are you after one of these very tired barrels?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up some used cognac barrels from Rocky Mountain Barrel Company in Denver, Skylar is dealing used barrels and might be able to help. I think most of those barrels get used and re-coopered until they die.

• 2 weeks later...

What Kristian said.

Rocky Mountain Barrel Company brought in a bunch of laphroaig casks (all pre-sold), and from what the owner told me yesterday, they are working on bringing in some smaller (180 liter I believe) Bowmore casks in the next few months. I'd definetely recommend reaching out to them. Good folks over there. http://rockymountainbarrelcompany.com/