Placing your city on the label/bottle

Palmetto Coast

I know I had seen a previous post way back, but can't seem to locate it. We would like to put "Charleston, SC" (our city, state) on the front label, or molded into the bottle. I know in terms of labeling, I would we need to include "Distilled by" (or other variations) and our name and address.

I thought I recalled someone stating that a COLA review flagged their city name on the front label as unacceptable. Can we have our logo and city molded into the glass? Can we state "Made in Charleston, SC" on the front label?

Thanks,

Todd

Note: We received our equipment over the weekend. Will be setting up this week, if anyone wants to help... :)

I've listed my town/state on most of the labels I've submitted. For my brandy label I even used my town as the fanciful name. None have been flagged for that reason - yet.

If you use the term "Product of..." you may get flagged, as "product of..." is apparently reserved for imported products only. At least that's what one email correspondent in AFLD suggested. So however you phrase it, try to avoid making it appear "imported" when it's domestic.

I realize this rule seems a bit nebulous, and your results may vary.

Thanks Jedd! I believe that is what I was looking for. I thought I had heard something about it, and that sounds about right.

What part of NOLA are you located? I've got a friend looking at a warehouse in the "Warehouse" District (go figure). I believe around Tchoupitoulas Street.

He said he hadn't been to your place yet, but was looking to get there (he is moving from Charleston, SC to Baton Rouge in a week, he currently commutes).

Thanks,

Todd