Hello from CO

Quick hello and a thanks the forum, I have already learned a lot. No real plans yet just doing some research to determine if my idea to make whiskey is good or a midlife crisis. Beyond that I am just trying to figure out how to fill the gaps. I have an engineering and manufacturing background and am sure I can make a good product after some hard work but the afore mentioned engineering background means I lack social skills and business and marketing know how. Need to start reading here more, touring a few more distilleries ( been to Stranahan's and Albany Distilling so far), start running some financial numbers, and practicing as much as I can legally ( homebrew beer, etc). Willing to listen to any advice anyone has.

Welcome from CO. Where are you located? We are in Loveland. Start touring some more as there are 41 licensed distilleries in Colorado. You may be able to get more experience than just homebrew by spending time with one or two of them. Downslope in Centennial has a class you can take as well.

I am in the Denver area and do plan on touring more, including your place. I have had your bourbon and enjoyed it, looking forward to trying the chai. I am also looking into the downslope class, I am thinking that will be very eye opening.