Introduction ... again?

Hi guys,

My name is Edwin and I actually already introduced myself. So why introducing myself again? Well, because from a guy in the process of starting up a genever (Dutch Gin) distillery in The Netherlands, I also "migrated" into sellilng distilling equipment.

Now, I may be way out of league, and do something I shouldn't do. Post about selling professional distilling equipment in this part of the forum. If I am, please let me know. I haven't spend enough time on ADI to know the ins and outs.

But just to keep the (re?) introduction going ... I am in the process of starting up that genever distillery. Many things are organized, some are not. I plan to have a colleague of ours do the fermenting and stripping. I will do the spirit and genever run and ageing as well as bottling. A common practice in genever making. Of old, the crafts of fermenting and stripping were done by different people than the spirit run and genever run (with herbs).

Why do I take that direction? Because the people I plan to work with are by far better equiped than I am as it comes to making "maltwine" (the semi-cut product at the base of genever). And they do it exactly as I want. At a price I could only dream of (like USD 3,- per liter at 100%).

What I will make? A vodka, an old style genever and a Dutch whiskey. Basically a triple distilled whiskey from the low countries.

Equipment? Ready to go. I am starting of with a 250 liters, 18 kw, 11 centimeters diameter, 120 centimeters tall. Fractionating and pot still functionality. Fully automated.

And this is where it gets interesting. We started up a new company not only designing fully automated stills, but also making and selling them.

Our current portfolio holds a 50 liter automated LM fractionating still with pot still and water distillation capability. It produces 2 liters of azeo from a wash of 10% per hour. Next item is a 50 liter manually managed LM fractionating still. Same performance. More interesting for micro distilleries around the world is the iStill 250. Yes, a 250 liter (net) boiler that can be heated directly or indirectly (through a water jacketed boiler). In fractionating mode, it produces around 10 liters of pure azeo per hour. Fully scalable to a 500 or 1,000 liter boiler. Pre-heating system available: one boiler distilling, the other heating up ... for semi-continuous batch processing.

The automation on our rigs allows for vodka, whiskey, brandy and gin making. Drinks can be carbon filtered in the process. Cuts for fores and heads are (or can be) made automatically. Cut points for tails can be dialed in through the computer as well.

Apart from distillers, we also sell SPP. Spiral Prismatic Packing. Not just any hand made SPP, bu the real thing. According to the definitions of the Russian Mendelev Institute, that researched and developed it. HETP of well below 3 centimeters. For bigger diameter columns (4 inches and more), we have a special compound packing that consists of both SPP and Rashig rings. Inert, suited for very high vapour speeds, HETP < 3 centimeters. That's over 40 distillation cycles in a 120 centimeter column ...

More stuff we offer? Yes. Copper SPP. If you want a better sulphur controll. And activated carbon for product filtration. 1,500 square meters of filtration surface per gram. If you want to go "vodka"or "neutral".

That's it for now!

Edwin.

www.iStill.eu

Hi guys,

My name is Edwin and I actually already introduced myself. So why introducing myself again? Well, because from a guy in the process of starting up a genever (Dutch Gin) distillery in The Netherlands, I also "migrated" into sellilng distilling equipment.

Now, I may be way out of league, and do something I shouldn't do. Post about selling professional distilling equipment in this part of the forum. If I am, please let me know. I haven't spend enough time on ADI to know the ins and outs.

But just to keep the (re?) introduction going ... I am in the process of starting up that genever distillery. Many things are organized, some are not. I plan to have a colleague of ours do the fermenting and stripping. I will do the spirit and genever run and ageing as well as bottling. A common practice in genever making. Of old, the crafts of fermenting and stripping were done by different people than the spirit run and genever run (with herbs).

Why do I take that direction? Because the people I plan to work with are by far better equiped than I am as it comes to making "maltwine" (the semi-cut product at the base of genever). And they do it exactly as I want. At a price I could only dream of (like USD 3,- per liter at 100%).

What I will make? A vodka, an old style genever and a Dutch whiskey. Basically a triple distilled whiskey from the low countries.

Equipment? Ready to go. I am starting of with a 250 liters, 18 kw, 11 centimeters diameter, 120 centimeters tall. Fractionating and pot still functionality. Fully automated.

And this is where it gets interesting. We started up a new company not only designing fully automated stills, but also making and selling them.

Our current portfolio holds a 50 liter automated LM fractionating still with pot still and water distillation capability. It produces 2 liters of azeo from a wash of 10% per hour. Next item is a 50 liter manually managed LM fractionating still. Same performance. More interesting for micro distilleries around the world is the iStill 250. Yes, a 250 liter (net) boiler that can be heated directly or indirectly (through a water jacketed boiler). In fractionating mode, it produces around 10 liters of pure azeo per hour. Fully scalable to a 500 or 1,000 liter boiler. Pre-heating system available: one boiler distilling, the other heating up ... for semi-continuous batch processing.

The automation on our rigs allows for vodka, whiskey, brandy and gin making. Drinks can be carbon filtered in the process. Cuts for fores and heads are (or can be) made automatically. Cut points for tails can be dialed in through the computer as well.

Apart from distillers, we also sell SPP. Spiral Prismatic Packing. Not just any hand made SPP, bu the real thing. According to the definitions of the Russian Mendelev Institute, that researched and developed it. HETP of well below 3 centimeters. For bigger diameter columns (4 inches and more), we have a special compound packing that consists of both SPP and Rashig rings. Inert, suited for very high vapour speeds, HETP < 3 centimeters. That's over 40 distillation cycles in a 120 centimeter column ...

More stuff we offer? Yes. Copper SPP. If you want a better sulphur controll. And activated carbon for product filtration. 1,500 square meters of filtration surface per gram. If you want to go "vodka"or "neutral".

That's it for now!

Edwin.

www.iStill.eu

Edwin, would like to learn more about your packing material. Email me.

Ehm ... not trying to be a complete moron, but what's your emailaddress? Just click on Blue starr ptables or sumtin'?

Odin.

Hi Odin,

Your distillery sounds great! And your stills look very impressive.

Just a thought... being in the EU - are you doing anything about ATEX regulations with regard to the build of your stills? I know that this is a locally enforced directive (so isn't necessary for the manufacturer comply), but are the electrics etc. intrinsically safe rated/ATEX rated?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, they do look impressive, don't they? And the pictures do not do them justice.The design and manufacturing is really heavy duty.

I don't know about the ATEX regulations, but all of our equipment is made at the highest industry levels. For more info, please download "Odin on the iStill 250". It can be found on www.iStill.eu, under downloads. You might have to wait a few seconds and push another button or two, since Adobe is giving me a hard time, but it will open and tell you more details on materials and electronics. If you don't find your answer there, please let me know, and I will dive in deeper.

Edwin.

Very good! "Welkom nieuwe vriend" / "Welcome new friend"

Our languages are not that far apart!

Edwin