iStill 250: automated plug & play micro distillery

• 6 months later...

Edwin

I tried contacting you via your website contact page but haven't heard from you. I have a number of questions about the istill. Is there a problem with the contact page?

Regards

Don McIntyre

Mad Scientist Spirits, Inc

madscientistspirits@nc.rr.com

No, but I have been in the States for a week. And recovering from double jet lag was ... a nuisance! I expect to have the lead time in answering emails gone tomorrow or the day after, so I will be in touch.

What a treat it was to watch the iStill 250 in action! I've watched all your videos and read about the productivity rates on these units, but it never really hit me until I got to see it up close and personal. To see 20 gallons of gin, before proofing, cranked out in 6 hours (including heat-up time) just blew me away. Seeing is believing, for sure. Especially when the iStill 250 is running at the same time as the $180,000+ Holstein and producing the same quantity of hearts... in less time! Don't get me wrong... the Holstein is a beautiful work of art that I would love to own someday, but the iStill 250 is something I could afford to buy right now. And the Holstein won't make the cuts for you, to boot.

Thanks for everything Edwin! As you can tell I am overwhelmingly impressed with your stills. High yield, fast times, and computer controlled EVERYTHING. Bravo!

I am glad to hear you liked the iStill 250. Yeah, it was nice to compare performance to a much more expensive still. Hey, Randy, and you saw the iStill 250 just in standard potstill mode, doing the gin run at 9 KW. I could have upped the power and increase production by 30 to 40% without any trouble. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are opening up an East Coast iStill Showroom in just a few months from now. Target time: 2014. A fully operational distillery with an iMasher, multiple iFermenters, one iStripper and an iStill 250. All of you who are interested in our equipment, just come by to watch & see. All of you who are serious about opening up a craft distillery, book a training session and learn all about how to start-up, how to mash, how to ferment, how to use iStill equipment to the max in just one day of consultancy.

More info coming up shortly.

Edwin.

We introduce a new sort of column packing: OSPP. Oversized Spiral Prismatic Packing. In SS and in copper. From now on, the copper packing in the iStill 250's iCatalyst will be copper OSPP. The column of the iStill 250 will - as before - contain ceramic packing. For both pot distilling a whiskey and pure distilling a vodka.

But ... if vodka or neutral is your thing, the Stainless Steel OSPP may be of service. It will give you a lower HETP and thus more distillations. For an even cleaner vodka (in one run). NOT suited for whiskey making though. ABV is too high.

Soon, we will introduce our new OSPP to the market place, via our website at www.iStill.eu.