Learning the craft...

John McDougall from Lake George Distilling Company has been teaching me the "art" and craft of distilling. I really can't thank John and his wife Robin enough. Their grand opening was last weekend and it was a big hit... mainly because the product that they produce is just fantastic.

As you all know finding out how to "work" this industry "legally" is a challenge in itself. That they have been so open to a potential "competitor" speaks a lot of their character as well. You won't find two nicer people and I can't thank them enough. BTW, I feel none of the craft distillers are really competitors as we are all in this together to build an industry.

There is a lot more to this industry than meets the eye (as my mother-in-law would say "it's not as glamorous as it seems"). The paperwork alone is a full time job from what I see Robin doing... the state and TTB really need to steam line this IMHO.

Here is a nice article on just before the grand opening... http://poststar.com/distillery/image_16f3e23e-1742-11e3-a17d-001a4bcf887a.html

And here we are doing some of the "prep" work... (thanks again John and Robin)

post-4916-0-41859600-1378990182_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...