How many fermenters?

travellers

Hey All-

So we are finally purchasing equipment. My question is this, how many fermenters are needed in any given operation? Due to budget we are starting with with a 250 liter still (66gl), but if all goes according to the business plan this will only be for the first 18 months. Because we have multiple partners running the still 5-6 days per week at this point is not a foreseeable problem. Am I correct in assuming that with a setup like this we will need at least three individual fermenters of about equal capacity to the charge of the still? I really would like to hear what has worked for people.

Thanks

Travelers.

Figure out how long it takes your mash to ferment. Figure out how many runs a day you will do, 1, 2. How many days a week do you want to run the still. Then work backwards from the number of runs minus the days to ferment and you will can figure out a production schedule and that will tell you how many you need to suit your needs. And if you want to run multiple runs a day of the same type mash, than size your fermenter to handle the double volume, but all depends on your mash tun size.

Hi there from Confederate Stills of Alabama, LLC Confederatestills.com I build custom cypress fermentation tanks. For your size still, my 150 gallon fermenter would be ideal......For each fermentation (4-6 days) you could get 2 still runs in easily in one day. Depending on how many days a week you wanted to run the still, would determine the number of tanks....5 or 6 would be ideal. My pics are too large to upload but you can friend me and see them on my FB site: Confederate Stills