Cape Cod

Hey all How Ya Doin?

My partner and I are in the concept phase of a craft spirits and essences business where we also foresee a farm and food service component in a 5 year horizon. At this phase, we are sketching out the numbers to see what makes sense.

The distilled product offerings will be built on a careful selection of organic local product, fruit and/or grain or tubers. We aim to reach a very high bar in terms of quality and experience and presence in the regional market.

We are very inspired by some of the more seasoned outfits on the west coast, hats off to that incredible work!

Our own personal distilling experience has thus far been traditional home pot stilling of arak based on grape eau de vie in the middle east , so we are looking to develop a model around the local materials we have access to in New England. I should also mention that I have been doing some interning at a local distillery making rum.

I've been enjoying the forum for a while now and am hoping to use it to network with like minded passionate people who are finding success at seeing their dreams come to life. Ill probably be asking alot of questions about apples, pears, cherries - raw materials/conversions in general - and also seeking insights from the community that might help to bolster our planning and establish the right foundations for success.

Products that get us excited: Calvados, Gin, Eau de vie (pear, cherry, plum, apple)

First question, how long have you been at it and have you met success with professional distilling?

Cheers!

B