Hello from Northern VA

Hi my name is Tony. I am working on the final workup of my new distillery. We plan to bring a few products to the market in 2014 ranging from Whiskeys to a vodka and a few new and improved cordials. I found the ADI forum as I was starting to have problems nailing down the details and I am glad I have. Thank you to all members who have taken time to answer some of my newbie friends' questions, and thank you in advance for helping me with mine. I am experienced in mashing, fermenting and distilling, but as we know turning knowledge into action can sometimes be a lot harder than what the textbook shows. Have a wonderful day.

Tony

Hi Mash,

Thank you. We will probably locate between fairfax & manassas. The vodka is going to be a clean grain vodka with a subtle character batch distilled on premises at a middle price point.

Hi Tony,

Welcome and best of luck to you. I work with many of the members on this forum with their labels so when you are ready to have your label printing quoted, drop me a note. Sixty plus years in the business plus experience in the TTB approvals process helps us take the pain out of getting labels Right The First Time (RTFT)! Tom Schiller (502) 297-3048

Hey Tony!

I think I have talked to more than a few with plans to start up somewhat near you, I assume everyone has a bug!

Seriously tho, I you have any cooling questions, give me a jingle of shoot me an email. I have pictures of the equipment used on distillery being installed at present- chiller, dry circuit glycol cooler (winter cooler) and mash heat exchanger.

If you're interested, I can email you the schematic on how the engineer put it all together for the distillery.

Good luck!

Mike Gronski

770-995-4066

Hello Tony,

good luck with this new venture.

Our new web site with online catalog will be available at the end of the week. Take the time to have a look, you'll might find something you like.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...

Got an application in the TTB queue. It ended up taking longer than I had thought it would to have everything to actually submit the application.

I doubt it will dash anyone's optimism but as much as I read up on the startup timelines, I had it in my head that I would be have a faster experience...I am seeing that I probably will not.

Cheers

Hey John,

We are setting up in Gainesville. Hopefully operational by summer. What are you planning to produce?

Cheers

Hello Tony,

Great. We actually were looking at property in Gainesville but found a good spot in Manassas close to my house. I'm glad we are not right on top of each other. We will be producing Bourbon, Corn Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Gin, Flavored Vodka and Rum (probably in year 2 or 3).

You can email me at w4fn@comcast.net or give me a call at 703-587-4680 to talk further.

Hope to hear from you.

John O.

• 2 months later...

TTB license came in on 4/22...ABC should be in hand soon!!!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and info. Hopefully I have more than licensing to talk about very soon!