Greetings from the capital of California.

I've been a lurker on this site for some time and figured it was time to join and actually participant. By trade I am a second generation beekeeper and I'm currently looking into opening up a commercial distillery in Sacramento, CA. Well I should clarify, I've decided that's what I'm going to. While I'm early in the process I anticipate utilizing honey in my products as well as taking full advantage of my agricultural network.

-Frank

• 3 months later...

Congrats on your new venture! The Sacramento Valley is a great place to work an agricultural network. I am a "valley girl" -- undergrad at Chico State then McGeorge School of Law (where, apparently, I prepared to be a marketing consultant for craft distilleries!). Please feel free to check out our blog on marketing tactics for craft distillers. We post something to this forum each week or you can go directly to our website: www.fuelevents.net

Cheers & Good Luck!

Jen Anderson

Fuel NW

I have to congratulate you on keeping up "beekeeping". A lost art to be sure.

My Grandfather was a farmer back in the depression when many farmers had hives- I wonder how crop yields have changed since?

Thanks for the kudos. It truly is a thankless and tough business!