Revenoor stills

Redmitty

Good evening everyone,

Quick heads up to my situation, I am currently working at a small distillery utilizing a 250 gallon Revenoor steam coiled still. It has been going well with a primary focus on Brandies/ Whisk(e)y's. Any how, looking for any insight as to how to better control production. It is a finicky little thing, but does kicks out a great little product.

I'm interested if anyone on ADI is running something similiar, whether it be electric, steam, or direct fire.

Take care,

Mitty

Thanks Mash.

I was hoping to get some production rates, gallons per hour, ways to keep it continuous flow & not overheat/crash cool in the column etc., or it just might be a slow machine with no automation what so ever.

Another goal was to see what products & typical proofs others have, but I started out vague to get the conversation going, not sure who has a revenoor anymore.

Take care,

Mitty

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening,

The main goal of the original post was to find someone who might be running a large revenoor (250 gallon or so) for some insight into the rather finicky machine.......

Running an internal steam coil with a 4" column & condenser, a 250 gallon kettle. Main issues is maintaining a constant temp, once again, very finicky.

Any insight appreciated, 1 on 1 email is great, but no automation what so ever on the setup.

Happy Holidays All,

Mitty

If you need help with your still I will be more than glad to help you in your design. It sounds to me like right off the bat your column is way too small for 250 gallons. In my professional opinion it doesn't sound like you need any automation or special controls it sounds like you need to size everything correctly.

Joe d.

515-559-4879

www.redbootstills.com