Size Dilema

blackjack

I just fell into a rather large building (15,000 sq. ft) I couldn't turn it down as the lease terms are just too good! Its about 5 times the space I was planning on starting with. The owners are going to take care of whatever is needed to bring it up to code. It was last used as a coffee plant. I only budgeted enough to start out small scale.- think 100 gallon still capacity. How easy is it to add more stills after I received my initial approval? Is it as simple as just registering the new still and making sure the bond requirements are met? Has anyone that's been around for a while had to deal with this?

I just fell into a rather large building (15,000 sq. ft) I couldn't turn it down as the lease terms are just too good! Its about 5 times the space I was planning on starting with. The owners are going to take care of whatever is needed to bring it up to code. It was last used as a coffee plant. I only budgeted enough to start out small scale.- think 100 gallon still capacity. How easy is it to add more stills after I received my initial approval? Is it as simple as just registering the new still and making sure the bond requirements are met? Has anyone that's been around for a while had to deal with this?

In the drawing you submit for your DSP, you define your enclosed or bonded area. If you add stills, you just send a modified drawing of your operations along with the serial number(s) of the new stills. I'm in California, but your state probably has their own unique criteria as well.

In the drawing you submit for your DSP, you define your enclosed or bonded area. If you add stills, you just send a modified drawing of your operations along with the serial number(s) of the new stills. I'm in California, but your state probably has their own unique criteria as well.

If you're not ready to go big, you could also look into sharing/subletting some of the space. There may well be others in your area that need warehousing and/or distilling space, and you've already done a lot of the legwork for them by finding space and getting permits. Just a thought.