Using 1/2″ Pro-Flow Camlock Quick Disconnects

roots

I want to hook up a 1/2″ quick connect from my mash tun to the boiler of my distiller through a Chugger Pump. If I want a 3-4 GPM flow rate I can’t reduce down to 3/8″ which is common for 1/2″ to 3/8″ barbs. This setup should keep flow rates high.

Many people on the brew forums have recommended the Pro-Flow 1/2″ stainless steel system because it works well but is relatively inexpensive for pretty good hardware. Note: This stuff is pretty popular, so you may have to back order your items from Pro-Flow and wait until they get these back in stick.

I created a blog post that gives an overview of the connection from my mash tun to the chugger pump which eventually goes to my boiler.

I hope this saves you some time.

while I love the price and the ease, i detest chugger not making a sanitary pump housing yet. They should do that since 99% of people using them now are willing to bone up the extra $ to finish everything in sanitary hardware. The threaded fitting are not good bc of cleaning them and the threads holding organic material. You still have to break everything down and clean it when using these 'quick connects' which makes them easy during the process but not quick at all.