Craft of Whiskey Distilling

billowens

Craft Whiskey Distilling Bill Owens / American Distilling Institute,<br> Paper edition $65.00<br>

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/5264..._content=526429

<br>

Practical and prescient, those are the two words that come to mind in describing Bill Owen’s new book Craft Whiskey Distilling, published by the American Distilling Institute. Just like his book, How to Build a Small Brewery, Draft Beer in Ten Days, self-published almost thirty years ago, the author seems to anticipate the real-world questions, concerns and confusions of want-to-be craft distillers, most of whom having cut their teeth as home or craft brewers, desire to venture forth into the production of vodka, gin, whiskey, rum, etc. Distilling principles, styles, procedures, equipment, economics, licensing and even a three-year payback scheme called a “Down and Dirty Business Plan” are generously supported by resource lists, websites and recommended reading making this book the best single-stop shopping resource for all those interested in learning more about or diving into Craft Whiskey Distilling. The legendary craft brewing pioneer and father of pumpkin ale has again ‘lain across the wire’ for the rest of us to climb over into the spirits world.<br>

Review of Craft Whiskey Distilling by Dave Thomas beersleuth@earthlink.net

Hello All,

Since joing the site, I have heard so much about Bill's book, but like a lot of folks I have been watching my finances (every penny counts these days!). Although I wanted a hardback, I found it was more cost effective to buy the paperback. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and got it in the mail in 2 days. I read it the very next day. It has been an awesome help, with lots of info for folks that are starting out like me. Thanks Bill.

George Jackson

Six Flags Distilling Company

quote name='billowens' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:37 PM' post='2725']

Craft Whiskey Distilling Bill Owens / American Distilling Institute,<br> Paper edition $65.00<br>

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/5264..._content=526429

<br>

Practical and prescient, those are the two words that come to mind in describing Bill Owen’s new book Craft Whiskey Distilling, published by the American Distilling Institute. Just like his book, How to Build a Small Brewery, Draft Beer in Ten Days, self-published almost thirty years ago, the author seems to anticipate the real-world questions, concerns and confusions of want-to-be craft distillers, most of whom having cut their teeth as home or craft brewers, desire to venture forth into the production of vodka, gin, whiskey, rum, etc. Distilling principles, styles, procedures, equipment, economics, licensing and even a three-year payback scheme called a “Down and Dirty Business Plan” are generously supported by resource lists, websites and recommended reading making this book the best single-stop shopping resource for all those interested in learning more about or diving into Craft Whiskey Distilling. The legendary craft brewing pioneer and father of pumpkin ale has again ‘lain across the wire’ for the rest of us to climb over into the spirits world.<br>

Review of Craft Whiskey Distilling by Dave Thomas beersleuth@earthlink.net