Cocktail / Spirits Bloggers meet the Distillers

As you may know there is a focus at this years ADI conference on distillers meeting mixologists. These high end bartenders are the front line troops introducing artisanal spirits to the general public. The other group who spread the word are spirits and cocktail bloggers.

A group of bloggers have been invited to the ADI conference and will be blogging about the spirits they try and distillers they meet. We will also have a special ADI blog for articles they about ADI members and their spirits. Some will be full articles on the blog, others short posts and links to full pieces written on their home blogs.

I invite distillers, mixologists, and bloggers to use this forum to connect and converse as a way to spread the word about artisanal distillers, their spirits, and fine cocktails made from their spirits.

As you may know there is a focus at this years ADI conference on distillers meeting mixologists. These high end bartenders are the front line troops introducing artisanal spirits to the general public. The other group who spread the word are spirits and cocktail bloggers.

A group of bloggers have been invited to the ADI conference and will be blogging about the spirits they try and distillers they meet. We will also have a special ADI blog for articles they about ADI members and their spirits. Some will be full articles on the blog, others short posts and links to full pieces written on their home blogs.

I invite distillers, mixologists, and bloggers to use this forum to connect and converse as a way to spread the word about artisanal distillers, their spirits, and fine cocktails made from their spirits.

I don't think that many Bay Area tenders have heard about the event. Either hire a publicist who is familiar with the SF bar community, like Erin Hunt or Debbie Rizzo (of DRink Media), or get in touch with the Bartender's Guild and do it grassroots-like. Either way, but at this point nobody I talked to at the Bar and Nightclub show in Vegas had any idea it was happening. It would be a shame if the folks most interested in what we were doing had to hear about it after the fact.

Bill has had postcards printed up and they will be going out this week to the bay area bartenders and mixologists. We are working on notifying the Bartenders Guild in the area, and nationally.

We appreciate any way you can help by spreading the word that mixologists are invited to the last two days of the conference.

Writers can contact us about attending the whole conference. We already have 1/2 dozen or more who will be doing so.

JMF

I don't think that many Bay Area tenders have heard about the event. Either hire a publicist who is familiar with the SF bar community, like Erin Hunt or Debbie Rizzo (of DRink Media), or get in touch with the Bartender's Guild and do it grassroots-like. Either way, but at this point nobody I talked to at the Bar and Nightclub show in Vegas had any idea it was happening. It would be a shame if the folks most interested in what we were doing had to hear about it after the fact.

In addition to the Monday event, do we know how the marketing of the Sunday public tasting event is being handled? There isn't anything on the ADI website that I can find except in the schedule of events, and I'm wondering how we're going to "fill the hall" as it were. It might be good for all the participating distilleries to be asked to market the event to their own audiences, at least - perhaps a description sent around, along with info on how to get tickets.

Are the tickets for Sunday just available at the door, or can people purchase in advance?

I sent out some emails to the US bartenders guild about the two events.

I also set up events for both on Facebook. Invite people there if you can and spread the word.

Meet the maker

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=52967012634

Meet the Mixologist

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.p...id=130004725087

In addition to the Monday event, do we know how the marketing of the Sunday public tasting event is being handled? There isn't anything on the ADI website that I can find except in the schedule of events, and I'm wondering how we're going to "fill the hall" as it were. It might be good for all the participating distilleries to be asked to market the event to their own audiences, at least - perhaps a description sent around, along with info on how to get tickets.

Are the tickets for Sunday just available at the door, or can people purchase in advance?

Have the details been sent to local press and local event listings, local food/drink bloggers, etc.? Now is the time, if it's not too late already, to do that if it hasn't been done. I'm happy to help if needed, just wasn't sure who has the ball - guess its you, Jonathan? :-)