Jump to content


Recommended Posts

So I'm looking at a space for a distillery and it needs drainage added. I have been asked what kind of drain I need! just a regular sink drain or something bigger?

This leads me to the questions;

1) what kind of floor drains are there?

2) what kind of floor drain would I need to operate a 150 gallon electric still?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Cheers, Austin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are able, find a place with trench drains and sloped floors or have them installed. Your life will be much easier. I needed to replace portions of the slab in my building (too thin and unreinforced for my tank sizes), so I had drains installed. Best money I've spent.

Also, if you ever make your way to central Wisconsin, I'd love to show you around my joint!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Austin...drainage is really important...getting it right will save you a lot of time and money. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...