Update from Southeastern North Carolina

Looks great! Congrats on getting the website up.

It would be fantastic to have you listed in the NC Distillers Association too (ncdistillersassociation.org).

Keith at Carolina distillery is the president of the association and has been working to ensure all of the current and upcoming NC distillers are joining together....especially since the bill (HB 842) is headed to a vote shortly in the NC legislature. His email is carolinacraftspirits1@gmail.com

I'm not sure when our next meeting is yet but we do have email communications around the bill going on right now. Hope you'll join us!

I'm curious as to whether the NC distillers association has reached out to Mother Earth Brewing in Kinston, yet. It is my understanding that the owner, Stephen Hill, introduced HB 842.

I'd emailed Mother Earth a couple times about the bill this winter, never got a reply. I think that was during your transition.

Yeah, legend has it that Troy and Sons got it going, but it's undergone a lot of changes since 2011 and looks to be in a good position now. Scott from TOPO has taken the lead and really made some great progress with it.

The funny thing is, NC ABC has been trying to kill this bill allowing onsite bottle sales, and their peace offering to us was a bill that would allow nc distillers to offer a rebate that customers could send in to the distillery for money back on a bottle purchased in their abc store. What a generous thing for them to offer... :P

Great looking website for sure!!! I'd love to know more about your bourbon as well, I think I could assist you greatly in regards to your product insurance as well as all other aspects of bonding, equipment, etc. My valuation on aged products is the best in the country. Give me a call if you like, your going to do very well.