Dealing with waste

One thing I will note here, not as an expert but simply as a benefactor of wonderful people Like Glenn wensloff @ Elutrian systems, you need a bioreactor, which is an aerobic septic tank basically, its aerated and gives the oxygen that is required to breakdown the high bod alcohol. A septic will actually stop dead in its tracks with alcohol, it likely will kill all bacteria if too high and it will take a very long time to process it. BOD of residential waste is 200 ppm. alcohol is 20,000 ppm, so it requires a great deal higher oxygen, if this were to hit a water supply, aka, a moonshiner mistake, fish will likely start rapidly dying depending on the volume of liquid to water volume.

The bioreactor in just a few days uses regenerative blowers or other forms of oxygenation to help build bacteria fields and speed up the process. Its what most large breweries do to break stuff down, its actually the same thing shrimp farms use I believe. same idea anyways.

If anyone has any questions call him, he is extremely willing to help. He is helping me deal with California waterboards which isn't a small feat when its not a waivered use.

(209) 603-7350

Elutrian Systems

He is in sales so he will likely be highly motivated to help answer your questions. This is the future for all distilleries, I guarantee it will soon be 100% required.

• 7 months later...

I've been told that burning it off is not an approved method of disposal. I think it can be interpreted as using it as a fuel. Applying it to a septic/leach field can be interpreted as requiring a land use permit, or you have to be a farmer of that land...or something like that. Evaporation is approved. I've seen the process. It was simply an outside holding tank with a screen lid. So it's relatively open to the elements.