Jump to content

Receiving and Processing Tax-Paid Bulk Spirits

Max Action

Recommended Posts

Let's say you're a licensed DSP that re-distills NGS to make gin, and you need to switch to a new bulk spirits supplier. You're in a hurry and don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for a new transfer in bond application.

Can you just pay the excise taxes at the time of purchase and later receive a credit on your own excise tax return? How would you go about doing that? Would there be any issue processing tax-paid spirits in your bonded area?

The TTB monthly reports don't exactly have an obvious field to account for and track tax-paid bulk spirits. The excise tax return has a section for credits decreasing amount of tax due, but the instructions don't explicitly detail this sort of scenario.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think you can, and I'd be surprised if your new bulk supplier would ship without transfer-in-bond papers...even if you paid excise. I think the quantity shipped is over the limit for excise packaged product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...