Setting up in old unused theatre building

et1883

we're considering setting up in an unused theatre, about 100 years old, brick exterior, nice stage area with high ceiling above stage where our stills will sit - wondering if others have considered a theatre as a location, and if so, what issues did you face or successfully over come with re: fire suppression, floor drains, etc. Best regards to all, Ernie.

The only thing I would caution, is make sure your floor can take the abuse and water. Most stages are wooden platform construction, so you will need to contain wash down water with some form of under equipment tray system. It shouldn't be too difficult to plumb, as most stages have working space underneath. Other than that, sounds pretty sweet.

Luck !

Before signing a lease, I'd meet with the city planner, your states department of agriculture/food safety division and fire marshal to get all the requirements of a space. You'll want an F1 rating from the fire marshal so they'll have to see if it fits that requirement. The wood stage is a red flag to me regarding cleaning, keeping dry and floor drains. Distilling is a very wet process, mainly when cleaning. You can't have too many floor drains.