TTB Expo 2009, Covington, KY

Classick

I attended last year's convention. It was pretty informative in a general sense. At the time, we were prepping to apply for our DSP licenses, and I attended becuase i wanted to learn as much as possible before going through the motion. The event is more for people who deal with the TTB rather than who are prepparing to deal with them. The structure of the day was easy to get into which allowed many different types of people to attend and learn (ie Tobacco, Firearms, etc). Left with a binder full of powerpoint slides which actually came in handy over the past year, until i found that they posted them online too. It was free to attend...then again it's paid for by taxes so it should be free. We plan to attend again this year.

When you are done, or saturated with government bodies, visit the Cock and Bull pub in downtown Covington, they have amazing chicken wings :)

-Scott

I attended last year's convention. It was pretty informative in a general sense. At the time, we were prepping to apply for our DSP licenses, and I attended becuase i wanted to learn as much as possible before going through the motion. The event is more for people who deal with the TTB rather than who are prepparing to deal with them. The structure of the day was easy to get into which allowed many different types of people to attend and learn (ie Tobacco, Firearms, etc). Left with a binder full of powerpoint slides which actually came in handy over the past year, until i found that they posted them online too. It was free to attend...then again it's paid for by taxes so it should be free. We plan to attend again this year.

When you are done, or saturated with government bodies, visit the Cock and Bull pub in downtown Covington, they have amazing chicken wings :)

-Scott

thanks for the tip... i might have to do just that.

I plan on attending as well. I am in the preliminary planning stages, business plan, fund-raising, etc. As Scott mentioned earlier, it is free. They also have vendors and TTB agents from some states on hand. I figure at the least, I'll make a few contacts. Maybe even eat some good wings!

Todd

• 1 month later...