Greetings, and a big THANKS from Salt Lake!

Hello all!

I am a long time lurker (as in about four years, sheesh) who is now working on getting everything together to do this thing that we're all talking about. In one form or another, I've been in pursuit since 2010 and, much weeping and wailing later, am now preparing to build this mansion out of toothpicks in the sky. I can't believe the level of expertise and hard won knowledge that everybody shares around here. This is, without a doubt, the most complete and useful resource out there for people like us and I want to thank everybody who posts regularly for sharing so freely of their experience and expertise.

My background is in food and beverage with a focus on craft bartending. About two decades on that side. The aha moment came in 2009 when I realized that I could easily burn a few solid decades making spirits and be happy as a clam, so here we are.

I will attempt to document my trials and tribulations through this process with the hope that I can help other along in their process along the way. The one thing I've learned so far is that, like boozy snowflakes, no two distilleries are alike.

Thanks,

Sean Neves

Congregation Spirits

Salt Lake City, Utah

Distillery in Utah? is that possible. I guess high west is there but do they distill anything.

Six DSP's in Utah now and at least five in the horn, including us. HW have always produced some of their own stuff although their primary product is sourced. They just released their 6 year oat whisky, Valley Tan. They are also putting the finishing touches on what will surely be one of the largest whiskey operations in the west:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/1923423-155/high-west-builds-ultimate-whiskey-distillery