Water treatment?

I am looking for a system that I can use for filtering my city water for mashing (130 gal ferm tanks) . I came across this info and was wondering if anyone had any input on how well it would work. I have a small RO system for proofing.

GAC (Granulated Activated Carbon) and KDF. KDF is a copper-zinc alloy developed by KDF Fluid Treatment Inc. (Three Rivers, Michigan). The alloy can reduce heavy metal ions such as copper, lead, mercury, and chromium to metal atoms, which electroplate onto the medium and are thus removed from the water. Beneficial brewing ions, such as calcium and magnesium, are not affected. The zinc in KDF will also reduce dissolved chlorine gas to chloride ions, relieving the GAC of some of the chlorine reduction burden. I have seen no data concerning KDF’s ability to reduce chloramines, but, of course, the GAC will take care of that.

Chlorine Water Filters

Model WH-1 Whole house water filter for municipal water with KDF/GAC and coconut shell carbon GAC. Offers 99% chlorine removal at 8 gallons per minute. Includes a 1 micron sediment pre-filter using a big blue housing and a 7"x35" Structural fiberglass and poleythlene liner. Components are NSF listed and rated for pressures up to 125 psi. Both have 1" female pipe thread inlet and outlet, but can be adapted down to 3/4" plumbing. Designed for municipal water with chlorine. Approximately 300,000 gallon capacity at 1 ppm chlorine: up to 3 years use. Click for whole house filter media specifications. Installation by a licensed plumber is recommended. Suggested Retail - $799.95. Click for Installation Instructions. Sale: $499.95 with FREE shipping--continental USA. ORDER NOW! VIEW CART/CHECKOUT.

MEDIA REPLACEMENT WH-1: You can replace the KDF/GAC media in the main tank with a media refill kit--$279.95 with free shipping. ORDER NOW! VIEW CART/CHECKOUT

New main tank for WH-1 with KDF & GAC--$389.95. ORDER NOW! VIEW CART/CHECKOUT.

WH-1-CC Whole House Chloramines Filter with KDF 55 and Catalytic Carbon

List Price: $999.95
Sale Price: $599.95 with free shipping
You save: $400
ORDER NOW! VIEW CART/CHECKOUT

WH-1.jpg