Gov't approves "palcohol". Good or bad?

They approved Fireball. :D

Okay, but seriously, I think it will be a very niche product that could do well in the survivalist/zombie-apocalypse market. It seems like a product you take hiking or on a raft trip - places where weight and glass could be an issue. I think their early marketing efforts set off some very big alarm bells, but the idea of snorting this makes absolutely no sense.

Lol, Skaalvenn! Exactly. A spoonful challenge or snorting challenge should take us excatly into the realm of cinnamon or monster, etc. at the end of the day it will all be nonsense and shot down. That is my opinion. I see the benefits of camping or hiking but see that the bad may very well out weight the good.

Really? When kids are soaking tampons with alcohol and inserting them in the various nether regions why are we getting worked up over this? We need to educate young people about the dangers of alcohol. End of story.

bdkolstad,

That is kind of my point, it is the education piece that is missing. It is not that the product itself is inherently evil (cinnamon is not evil, in fact I kind of like it) but it is that the education process that is lacking. I think that "palcohol" is going to be shot down not due to the fact it is perceived a horrible idea, etc. I think there is so little known about it and so few people that want to be educated about it that it makes the only news on it bad news. I was not aware of folks engaging in the practices you mentioned (I'm kind of glad I did not know about that, yikes) but I agree that "normal" people are not the issue, it is the folks that can turn cinnamon or whatever into something stupid.

Now that is a funny article! Good find captnKB. I'll admidt, my first thought on powdered alcohol was that people can now bring alcohol back on airplanes (or the powder equivalent... Of a 50ml). That's probably because I travel or fly about 50% of the year.

Since when can we not bring 50ml on airplanes? I always travel with a zip log baggie full of them.

There's no better cure for a rotten flight!

The more I think about this (and after reading that article) the more I want to travel around with a tupperware container full of white powder. What possibly could go wrong with that??!!?!?!? I cannot imagine that this stuff tastes that great but who knows, I may have to get some and give it a go. I think that the craft distillery movement is safe from this "threat" though.