Stripping still

Palmetto Coast

I was just gong through some old posts and read something from Jester at Trident Welding. Have any of you used his products? How do you like them. How would you compare the quality? Jester, last I checked (two seconds ago), you did not have any still pics up. Do you have any coming?

Just trying to do my research. By the way, it was nce talking to some of you in Covington.

Todd

I have one of his condensers. Once we are up and running I will post about it. I think it will work very well because it has 34 5/16" tubes within a 3" pipe, 5' long. That's 175' of condenser packed into 5'.

I was just gong through some old posts and read something from Jester at Trident Welding. Have any of you used his products? How do you like them. How would you compare the quality? Jester, last I checked (two seconds ago), you did not have any still pics up. Do you have any coming?

Just trying to do my research. By the way, it was nce talking to some of you in Covington.

Todd

• 3 months later...

Good Morning Paul and all,

I just tripped over this thread today.

To your question about Trident Welding.

We have several of the Jester's equipment here in Gloucester.

We do use our "Goddard" style condenser often when we wish to transform our still closer to a pot still. To this point Jesse has always "said what he will do and does what he has said" (a close quote from Popeye).

Quality of material and workmanship I do not question. The beauty is that he really does custom work with "sanitary level" welding assembly and he has the knowledge to build to the proper capacity of function. Condenser, parots, etc., can be too big or too small for each system.

We are pleased with having him visit us whenever he feels.

Cheers,

Bob

• 1 year later...

Good Morning Paul and all,

I just tripped over this thread today.

To your question about Trident Welding.

We have several of the Jester's equipment here in Gloucester.

We do use our "Goddard" style condenser often when we wish to transform our still closer to a pot still. To this point Jesse has always "said what he will do and does what he has said" (a close quote from Popeye).

Quality of material and workmanship I do not question. The beauty is that he really does custom work with "sanitary level" welding assembly and he has the knowledge to build to the proper capacity of function. Condenser, parots, etc., can be too big or too small for each system.

We are pleased with having him visit us whenever he feels.

Cheers,

Bob

Hey folks,

I was looking back at some older stuff and saw this thread again. Thank you Bob for the supportive comment. Since this thread, we have put a couple 100 gallon stills into the market to licensed distilleries. We have had great feedback and if either of them would like to comment here, I'd appreciate it. The condenser and parrot the Jonathon mentioned is in use at several places and performs perfectly. It uses a low flow of water and just plain works. Many of our products have gone out to individuals. To date there has only been a couple of negative things about the stuff we make. I'd ask any of our customers to place any comments they feel comfortable posting here for all to see. We will be putting another still up here for sale in about a month and will be building a 300 gallon, jacketed still for a specific customer. I thank all of our customers and look forward to sharing and learning as we all go. We are holding off on our DSP, due to a large Hydrogen R&D project we may take on. 6 months may kill me, but I will patiently wait until we can take that step. OK, not patiently.

Jesse makes great equipment, and has a diverse skill set. At ValleyMalt we are really happy with the workmanship on our malting vessel. Through the process of building the malt vessel I was able to see a couple of the stills he built, and they were Awesome!. We wanted to put copper cladding around our malt vessel after seeing a still, but ran out of material budget, and couldn't do it, but man do the stills with them look great. If you have an idea on something new and creative talk to Jesse, he is great to work with and will run with your initial concept.