Looking for contract bottling in California (northern preferably)

Classick

Hey All,

We are actively looking for a contract bottling solution. As a contract producer, we have at least 3 clients now who are at the growth stage of their efforts, and are now looking for a contract bottling solution for runs of 500-1000 cases at a time.

Specifically we are looking for a high speed line that can push T-tops and has a shrink tunnel for PVC caps.

Additionally, there would be some dilution/filtration that would need to happen for the vodka projects. We could handle that on our end if need be, but its usually simpler to do that just in time at the bottling facility.

We've talked to blue egg in Colorado.. but that solution seemed a little pricey.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What about talking to some of the mobile bottling lines in the state? The only technically challenging part of the operation would be the corking with those t-tops. What kind of bottle per minute speed are you looking for?

I'm trying to understand the difference in equipment needs between say a wine bottling line and spirits bottling line. I understand there are concerns with using some of the Buna-N seals found on standard wine bottling equipment, but at 40%-ish I haven't seen any notable degradation. Can someone educate me on this?

Sorry for my delayed reply... apparently i do not get notifications when i have replies on this thread.

With good equipment and a team of 8 hardworking people we are able to bottle 500 cases in roughly 6ish hours.

depending on the bottling line.

we have a 4 head gravity filler, and it takes me and crew of 2, 4 days to bottle 500 cases by hand.

What about talking to some of the mobile bottling lines in the state? The only technically challenging part of the operation would be the corking with those t-tops. What kind of bottle per minute speed are you looking for?

We have done the mobile bottling line route before... and it worked fine.. but the trick with those guys is scheduling.

We are doing about 1000-2000 cases a quarter, but not with any regular frequency, meaning we cant just say, yes every 30th day of the month we need to bottle.

The mobile bottlers tend to need more structure with their scheduling.