Building

Hi guys... we are finally ramping up here and are curious to know what the forum thought about ceiling clearance for the DSP... I know taller is better, but we are looking at a few places closer in downtown in order to increase foot traffic... what is the minimum clearance you look for in a building? Before you flame us out, I also know it depends on the still, etc... we are doing pot-sill production and will not be using a gazillion-plate vodka column... thanks in advance

Cheers

Brian

I've got 12 to the rafters and 14 to the decking. I'd much rather have it 14 to the rafters...but then I'd probably rather have 16.

If you can't use a forklift to double or triple stack pallets I'd look elsewhere. And also make sure you can use your equipment as mendodistilling said.

If you're making whiskey on a 4-tray column you can get away with a 14' ceiling. I'd be hesitant to sign a lease with much less as it makes dealing with stacking / forklifts / general maneuverability a challenge. Can you give us a bit more info on the type of equipment your considering?