How might HR 2749 impact distilleries?

Anyone heard how the passage of the bill HR 2749 presently up for a vote before the US Senate may impact distilleries?

The Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009

I've heard very little in the news about this bill, despite it having already passed through the House and is up for vote by the senate. The only reason I came to know of it was when I happened to hear a small farmer here in the Pacific Northwest bring up his opinion that this bill could severely impact the viability of small farms.

"The bill imposes new requirements on food processors while not specifically targeting the industrial food system and food imports, where most food safety problems commonly occur. Small farms and local food processors are part of the solution to food safety, yet HR 2749 takes a one-size-fits-all approach subjecting local producers to the same regulations as industrial firms. The bill gives FDA much more power than it has had in the past."

Link to Frequently Asked Questions

Alarming Provisions contained within the bill

Your thoughts?

It did cover all alcohol producers in it's original house form. The big lobbyists argued alcohol back out of it because of the overlapping jurisdiction with the TTB. They are currently working on a tweak to the language in the Senate because some drafting was botched. Wine under 7% is still covered by the new regs - but the lobbyists are working on that too. (I hope so, that's the territory of my cider.)

The reporting I'm following is from WineAmerica. So it's wine biased, and they only mention in passing that the other market segments (beer and spirits) are working together to try to exempt us from this bill.

A case where big industry players with deep pockets might come in handy.