Chinese Stills and Equipment Supply

Masterofnone

Has anyone had any experience with the DYE systems? I love the modular design and have seen a similar system in action. Looks like that type of set up might suit my goals as a small shop. The DYE systems are reasonably priced, expandable, and seem well engineered. While I would prefer to buy american, we do live in global society and it's not always easy, all things considered, to fit that bill. Looking forward to thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance,

Masterofnone

Masterofnone,

Besides the price I have never heard anything good about the system. I was recently out at a Montana Craft Distillery where they had one. After installation they needed to make modifications to their system to make it function properly. Their price was unbelievable, but it seemed like they weren't too thrilled with their system... lots of buyers remorse. I could be wrong about it though. I would ask other craft guys that bought a DYE system, maybe they're a different story.

Also, the stills that are mostly or all stainless steel produce inferior spirits. For a stripping still, if below the liquid line is stainless and the rest is copper it will work fine; however, if it is a spirit still you definitely want all copper. We use solid copper modular system here at New Liberty in Philadelphia and the spirit flavor is unbelievable. Check out our website if you would like to see our system. http://millstonespirits.com/craft-distillery-equipment/

As for being made in the USA, they are designed by us in the USA and manufactured in Canada....

Cheers and Good Luck with your distillery,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir, my name is Air, just to let you know that we are the factory of Zhengjiu Machinery from Hangzhou. China, our factory produce equipment of the distillery, large still....i know our brand is not that famous as DYE. But we have good work on equipment, check every details, like pressure, leak test, and polish of copper and SS, we also export a lot of still to America and Europe. and we have engineer who doing the good job. We also can have the after-service, like now, one customer from USA, they bought the 2500L distillery, our workshop workmate and the salesman is in USA now, help the customer to install the equipment in USA. :mellow: so, if you are interested with our equipment, you can send me email to check, thanks.

• Thumbs up 1

Has anyone had any experience with the DYE systems? I love the modular design and have seen a similar system in action. Looks like that type of set up might suit my goals as a small shop. The DYE systems are reasonably priced, expandable, and seem well engineered. While I would prefer to buy american, we do live in global society and it's not always easy, all things considered, to fit that bill. Looking forward to thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance,

Masterofnone

Hi Masterofnone,

Thanks for your interests in our still equipment. Our equipment is always improving all the time, to be frank, there will have some problems happening at the beginning, but we solved the problems each time. We do not just sell the equipment, but also with good after sales service.

Now our factory have more than 10 sets of big stills making, you can come to see our products in person, like welding, polishing, engineering etc, which is Made in China but American Standard!

TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE!

Welcome to pay a visit to our company.

Thanks

DYE COMPANY

• 6 months later...

Thanks in advance,

Masterofnone

China produces nine times the stainless steel as compared to the US. If you looked enough you could find a Chinese manufacturer that could produce a still out of milled copper.

IMO you just have to do some legwork on time on the phone to save the money. China doesn't have the reputation of Germany or US manufacturing.

But it has skilled labor, lower manufacturing costs and exchange rates have hurt US manufacturing.