TTB DSP Application- Statement of Production Procedure

We have finished all of our application for a DSP except the Statement of Production Procedure. How much detail is needed in this? I don't have my still yet and have no idea about what its characteristics will be. Things like batch run times, abv. of of first run, second run, etc. Do I need to do one for anything I could possibly make? Just one or two? Weird as it sounds this is the only part of the application that isn't nailed down solid. Thanks.

We have finished all of our application for a DSP except the Statement of Production Procedure. How much detail is needed in this? I don't have my still yet and have no idea about what its characteristics will be. Things like batch run times, abv. of of first run, second run, etc. Do I need to do one for anything I could possibly make? Just one or two? Weird as it sounds this is the only part of the application that isn't nailed down solid. Thanks.

I've been told different things about the procedures from different people within the TTB. Our field agent insisted on a lot of specifics, others have told me be general. I would recomend you come up with as many procedures as you can with your initial application. If you don't, you'll have to refile your registration (5110.41) every time you come up with a new one or want to introduce a new class of spirits. The good news is that once you get a procedure approved, you don't have to refile if you make changes that do not affect the class and character of the original spirit procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add, I recently submitted a revised 5110.41 with about a half dozen new procedures. All were approved relatively quick. That being said, I would submit as many as you can think of with your original application.