Corn and corn-heavy whiskeys

Not long ago, I heard from the marketing department of a commercial distiller that it was the only producer of corn whiskey in America. I flat-out knew that wasn't true and had a bottle of Tuthilltown corn whiskey at home to prove it--as well as some white dogs not in circulation.

So I am writing a piece talking about American corn whiskeys and whiskeys (such as Tuthilltown's baby bourbon) that use 80-100% corn in the mash but that don't necessarily call their product "corn whiskey." Who among ADI members is producing commercial examples of such spirits? Anyone have plans to but haven't begun production yet?

My deadline is Monday, September 21st. Any help would be much appreciated and of course I'll provide links to distillers in the final article. Please answer here or email me directly at moonshinearchives [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks,

~ Matthew

Because of the incredible growth of micro-distilleries, it has become necessary for Heaven Hill to add a caveat to its statement about corn whiskey, to the effect that it is the only major spirits producer that makes and sells corn whiskey. The distinction has been that several other major producers make corn whiskey for use in blends, but they don't market it.

We have been making corn whiskey within 3 months after producing. It sells almost better than our award winning Vodka. There has been and always be corn whiskey even before their was Bourbon which we have also. Coop, Colorado Gold Distillery.

Chuck and Coop ~

Thanks for the replies. Given the uptick in corn whiskey sales (corn whiskey qua corn whiskey), I can see why HH products come with caveats. I must have received 11 or 12 jars of Georgia Moon over the last few years, so it's been a pleasure to learn what else is out there, either older brands or the spirits coming out of newer artisan distilleries.