Jump to content

Organic Labeling


Recommended Posts

When I do organic labels, who do I send the label to to certify it? Who do you guys use?

This is what I got from TTB:

"As of 05/23/2005, this application must be accompanied by a USDA-accredited certifying agent’s (ACA) approval of the organic alcohol beverage labels prior to submission to TTB. The ACA Preview must show actual images of the labels along with a stamp or signature of the ACA. Documentation showing the certifying agent's review and approval must accompany EVERY request for label approval submitted to TTB. For Wine 27 CFR §4.101 applies. For D/S 27 CFR 5.71 applies"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

First stage is certification of your processing plant. Several organizations in N.Ca can do this, but there's a fee involved both initially and each year, so interview and get prices.

USDA operates the National Organic Program (NOP) which provides accreditation for agents you can deal with Certifiers

If that link doesn't work, try this:


...then click on the Certifiers link on the right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...