Garden Level?

Hello, this may be a local issue, but I am looking at a garden level space tomorrow. I am not sure yet if it is ramps or stairs and know it may be hard to get equipment and ingredients in and out, but is it legally possible to have a distillery in a garden level building if it is zoned right and it is not residential above it? Thanks.

I really can't help you as I am not in US.

But what do you mean by "garden level"? From what you have written it appears as if this space is not on the ground level. Most "gardens" are planted on/in the ground so the term makes no sense, maybe that is why you haven't got a reply.

Pete

Australia

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply. I am not sure why they call them garden level, but it is like a basement where the top portion of the room is above ground. The Ground floor or 1st floor of this building has to be accessed by walking up a short set of stairs or ramp, and this "garden level" has to be accessed by going down a short set of stairs or ramp. There is a pizza place above it. I am having an architect who has done a micro distillery come consult me on the space tomorrow, so we will see what he has to say.