Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

I can’t say enough good things about the service and attention we have received from Paul and his team. We have a custom configured 300 gallon  Ultra Pro Vodka still, 1200 stripping still, 5x 1200 gallon fermentation vessels and a 1200 gallon mash tun. We have worked through the growing pains of opening a distillery together and I continue to receive the best of service a full year now after taking delivery. Changes and improvements to the equipment and workflow are met with enthusiasm and the backing I receive from Paul’s team has been invaluable. They are easy to work with and always willing to lend a hand and answer any questions. When the time comes to plan any expansion Paul will be the first call I make. 

5CDC380B-5D0B-4B8D-AC4E-FBC82AC9361A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 5:49 AM, highwood28 said:

I can’t say enough good things about the service and attention we have received from Paul and his team. We have a custom configured 300 gallon  Ultra Pro Vodka still, 1200 stripping still, 5x 1200 gallon fermentation vessels and a 1200 gallon mash tun. We have worked through the growing pains of opening a distillery together and I continue to receive the best of service a full year now after taking delivery. Changes and improvements to the equipment and workflow are met with enthusiasm and the backing I receive from Paul’s team has been invaluable. They are easy to work with and always willing to lend a hand and answer any questions. When the time comes to plan any expansion Paul will be the first call I make. 

5CDC380B-5D0B-4B8D-AC4E-FBC82AC9361A.jpeg

Thanks Matt.  I really appreciate the great feedback!

California Distiller’s: $20,000 Rebate Available

Time is running out.  The State of California is providing significant rebates to distilleries using natural gas (SDG&E, PG&E, SCE, SoCal Gas) that implement solar thermal systems to replace or augment their use of natural gas.  The California CSI Thermal Rebate Program https://www.gosolarcalifornia.ca.gov/solarwater/ has been extended for an additional 6 months with unused funds needing to be distributed IMMEDIATELY. In its effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the State’s commitment to supporting clean and sustainable business, California is providing significant rebates to adaptors of clean and efficient solar thermal technology. Recent developments in small scale distillation technology now put these significant rebates within reach of craft distilleries. 

The CSI rebate qualified Sunshiner®  is a zero carbon emitting, solar powered, low temperature distillation system (125°- 155°F at ambient pressure) now available to California distillers.  The Sunshiner Natural Distillation System, capable of doubling the output of your current traditional distillation equipment, provides an onsite solar thermal and electric energy system, a Sunshiner® low temperature still (utility patent # 10421030) and real time app accessible carbon/ghg monitoring. For distilleries interested in becoming a quantifiable leader in clean and climate conscious distilling, The Sunshiner system is available to qualified distilleries with no money down for a limited time. (limited 2 systems per utility)

For more information contact:  paul@distillery-equipment.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.  We have been crazy busy so I haven't posted on this topic for a while.  Anyway, below are just a few of the stills and other devices that we have completed or are working on in the last few weeks. 

PC260346.JPG

PC260350.JPG

Below is a 20 gallon Baine Marie R&D still with one of our filtering systems on a cart.

PC150309.JPG

The still below is for hemp processing.  It distills valuable terpenes while decarboxylating the CBD oil.

Ferrell.jpg

Below is another filter housing.

PC080285.JPG

QQ图片20191210175703.jpg

The Signature series still below will look incredible when it is complete.

QQ图片20191210175719 (1).jpg

P1010224.JPG

Forge and Foundry03.jpg

P1010213.JPG

P1010129.JPG

Montauk Distilling Company04.jpg

QQ图片20191113183110.jpg

Below is one of our Oil King Hemp processing stills.  These are selling like hot cakes.  They cost as little as 1/10 the price of a CO2 system and do a better job.  We have them in sizes ranging from 8 gallon to 2,500 gallon.  No matter the size the little stills will do a run in 1.5hrs.  They also make great stripping stills and are faster and more efficient than most continuous column stripping stills

P1010164.thumb.JPG.9982a9ce41c05e331d73b93c8186d917.JPG

21 hours ago, Gspirits said:

Hi Paul. Is their any progress on the countinious column? 

The engineer that did most of the design work with me lives in Ukraine.  We are 8 months into the process to get his work visa.  He should be over here in 3 to 4 months, then we will move ahead with the continuous stills and some other fascinating things.  We have a prototype that works really well, however I decided that we should wait until the designer is here before we move forward.  Also currently our equipment testing lab is being used as a hemp to CBD processing facility until we get our large process facility completed, which will take another 2 to 3 months.

I had to decide a few months back on whether to continue to develop the continuous columns or start to produce CBD in that space.  The profitability of the CBD is such that I felt that my only choice was to start producing CBD and put continuous column stills on the back burner.

We do have vacuum stripping stills for sell.  They are incredibly fast and are almost exactly like our Oil King reclaim stills.  They can be heated with a hot water boiler that can be fired by lots of different fuel sources including wood, natural gas, propane, electricity or even solar, if you are in the right area.  We run the oil king still for reclaiming ethanol from our CBD process.  We can do a demo in our CBD lab of the reclaim still doing a stripping run so that you can come here and see it, if you like.  We simply put an 8% wash in there and strip it out to low wines.  We have the industrial ethanol permits that allow us to do that.  Below is a picture of the Oil King which also makes a great vacuum stripping still.

P1010164.thumb.JPG.9982a9ce41c05e331d73b93c8186d917.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I've sent you a request through your email a month or two ago but I guess it fell in spam. I just sent another one now that our project has gained momentum. Look for an adress with a domain name @rocketmail.com.

Thanks!

On 1/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, Seb said:

Hi Paul,

I've sent you a request through your email a month or two ago but I guess it fell in spam. I just sent another one now that our project has gained momentum. Look for an adress with a domain name @rocketmail.com.

Thanks!

I received the email and replied.  I'm not sure what happened before.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 9:49 AM, 38° said:

Hi Paul -

Can you send me the specs, dimensions and price please?

Thanks,

Nate

Hi Nate,

I will get the drawing and pricing over to you Monday.  I need the phase and voltage of your electrical system to give you complete specs? paul@distillery-equipment.com

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I was really worried about my business going into this but something crazy is going on.  Our sales have been increasing for all sizes of distillery equipment and sanitary parts.  We have sold several medium sized stills in the last 3 weeks and we have been selling some large stills but the small still sales have gone nuts.  We had over 70 online orders for 5 to 26 gallon stills and sanitary parts over the weekend.  

• Thumbs up 1

3 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

I was really worried about my business going into this but something crazy is going on.  Our sales have been increasing for all sizes of distillery equipment and sanitary parts.  We have sold several medium sized stills in the last 3 weeks and we have been selling some large stills but the small still sales have gone nuts.  We had over 70 online orders for 5 to 26 gallon stills and sanitary parts over the weekend.  

Maybe a lot of people are working from home and bored, been thinking of getting into home distilling and now are taking the plunge? Maybe some people are thinking like preppers and don't want to be without alcohol in the future?  Maybe it's just the change of seasons...

Regardless, glad to hear your sales are strong.  That's a good outlook for the economy. :)

Fine tuning literature on my Virga Mash Cooling System- now I have to wait for photos of a large installation in SC.

Looking at some other wrinkles on heat recovery, too.

Found a bunch of 230 v chillers one of my vendors got in before WuHan.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 9:55 AM, Southernhighlander said:

Below is a picture of one of our 1,000 gallon stills that was installed in a facility in Ecuador.  It's up and running and producing 96% ethanol.

Hello. I'm in Ecuador and looking to startup at the end of the year. One of my biggest concerns is dealing with customs. I don't want to end up with my still sitting in one of their warehouse for months waiting for a bribe. Did you run into any problems getting the equipment into the country? How long did it take to get from your site to the customer? I have the added complexity of getting it from the port in Guayaquil out here to the Galapagos Islands, but that's just logistical details that I can supervise from my end. The thing that scares me most is customs.

31 minutes ago, Galapadoc said:

Hello. I'm in Ecuador and looking to startup at the end of the year. One of my biggest concerns is dealing with customs. I don't want to end up with my still sitting in one of their warehouse for months waiting for a bribe. Did you run into any problems getting the equipment into the country? How long did it take to get from your site to the customer? I have the added complexity of getting it from the port in Guayaquil out here to the Galapagos Islands, but that's just logistical details that I can supervise from my end. The thing that scares me most is customs.

Hi Galapadoc,

You sure live in a beautiful place.  My wife's sister and her husband went there and really loved it. 

Your question is a good one.  My customer and his freight forwarder seemed really stressed concerning Ecuadorian customs.  I made sure that all of the documentation was perfect because the customer's Ecuadorian freight forwarder said that customs would use any excuse to hold the equipment.  The still ended up clearing customs quickly with no issues,  however, I don't know if palms had to be greased or not, because the Ecuadorian freight forwarder and my customer dealt with customs on their end.

I sent one of my employees down their to help them install the still and do the first run or two.  The still was installed at a facility in Quito.  My employee said that the customer took him to parties where he met TV personalities and government officials, so maybe the customer knew the right people.  That's been a few years ago, but I should still have all of the emails, so if you want, I could dig up the contact info for the freight forwarder. 

If I sold you a still.  My freight forwarder and I would handle all of the required documentation on our end. We would handle everything all of the way to Guayaquil and your freight forwarder would handle things from there.  It would take around 3 weeks for the equipment to get from my location to Guayaquil.  It would take time to build the equipment if we don't have it in stock.  Build time would depend on what you order.  If you would like a quote email me paul@distillery-equipment.com

Thanks.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, Southernhighlander said:

For distilleries interested in becoming a quantifiable leader in clean and climate conscious distilling, The Sunshiner system is available to qualified distilleries with no money down for a limited time.

Hi Paul. I just replied to your previous response by email. Could you include information on this type of system in your reply? This is EXACTLY the kind of technology that would go over big in the Galapagos. We're all about zero carbon output and we straddle the equator, meaning 12 hours of hot hot sunlight all year long.

The below is from Keith at Grazin Spirits concerning the Danfoss thermostatic valve and our method for using it to automate coolant control for all of the dephlegmators and final condenser for vodka stills

" Wanted to let you both know that the danfoss valve is installed and making it so so easy to run the vodka still.   Excellent product and has changed my entire work flow for the better.      Amazing!"

• 2 months later...