Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

In my near retirement I decided to move my winery to a small distillery.  I checked around and asked myself if I wanted to spend all my retirement savings on a still that deserves a million dollar building or did I want to learn to operate a still and make good quality product. I did my research and found Affordable Distillery out of MO.   

Half of life is being able to ask the right question and if you don't you might get a odd response.  So before you talk with a company that sells distilling equipment you need to do some homework.  If your a know it all then make your own still.

The people at Affordable distillery helped me pick out and guided me into obtaining the proper permits and equipment.  If you have a problem with this company its probably because you haven't done your homework to formulate a question that anyone in the industry can respond.  Ask a dumb question get a odd response.  From the CEO, to Office Management to the Electrician they all have been very helpful. I am presently looking at other support equipment and considering there quotes.   There is a steep learning curve in this craft.   Remember more then likely they are more the expert on the topic of distilling then the other way around.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just saw where someone was looking for a 600 gallon mash tun.  We have them and we have sold several hundred of our mash tuns to distilleries.  If you need a mash tun or any other distillery equipment send us an email paul@distillery-equipment.com  We also have lauter tuns, if that's what you need.

image.png.f24abfe84c88948180beb5d72dddf5d5.png

• 4 months later...

Below is a picture of one of our 800 gallon Signature Series Ultra Pro Vodka Stills.  The bottom picture is of Nate doing the jeweling  on one of the column stands for this still.  He does an incredible job.  He does it all with a small pneumatic drill and 2" sanding pads.  His patterns are always perfect.

image.thumb.png.cf643a29f0492b643b569cfed62d3da6.pngimage.thumb.png.c307629bb4bf3b9fc65eb0df984a305f.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 11:43 AM, MG Thermal Consulting said:

Cool man! What are you using for mash cooling, a straight chiller/reservoir tank or a drycooler for the high temp cooling glycol/water?

Hi Mike,

Both of my customers who are currently running these stills are crash cooling with well water in my 2,500 gallon mash tuns which have crash cooling coils.  For this 3rd 2,500 gallon still, which is in the photo above, the customer will also be using well water to crash cool their mash and for condenser cooling.

• Thumbs up 1

Just now, Southernhighlander said:

Mike,

I should add that if I have customers that are in an area where they can dig a well and they are ordering larger stills, I generally suggest that the customer have a well drilled rather than buy a G&D chiller from us because the well costs a lot less than buying a chiller and they use a lot less energy.    I only suggest chillers when they  are the best, least expensive option.

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Paul,

just been talking to the contractor that is installing one of your systems in Durham.

Been about three years since that was ordered and has been sitting on-site for a while.

Been a thrill getting details on the cooling system combo of hydro cooler and chiller pulled together.

So far, 😊 so good 😊 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The largest stills currently listed on our web site are 800 gallon.  I thought that I should let everyone know that we have been building much larger stills.  We have sold lots of stills, mash tuns and fermenters that are over 800 gallons over the past few years.  Our bigger stills mash tuns and fermenters come in:

1,000 gallons

1,200 gallons

1,500 gallons

2,000 gallons 

2,500 gallons

If you are interested in equipment in these sizes please let us know.  417-778-6100 or 417-778-6908 paul@distillery-equipment.com

Paul,

Happy New Year!

Changing and adding more “dry” and “hybrid” cooling systems to my chiller lines here at MG Thermal.  Keep us in mind if you have any applications, especially on your large systems- this is where the kw payback can reduce operational costs.

Regards,

Mike

• 2 months later...

I have bought several pieces of equipment from this business.  I have never had a problem. All considered in making this type of investment they are fair, competitive, and easy to deal with.  I wouldn't go anywhere else unless they simply couldn't get what I needed. Rodney Finch of Katy Lynn Distillery in Carbondale IL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The largest stills currently listed on our web site are 800 gallon.  I thought that I should let everyone know that we have been building much larger stills.  We have sold several stills, mash tuns and fermenters that are over 800 gallons over the past few years.  Our 2,500 gallon stills will put out 75 gallons of whiskey per hour. Our bigger stills, mash tuns and fermenters come in:

1,000 gallons

1,200 gallons

1,500 gallons

2,000 gallons 

2,500 gallons

If you are interested in equipment in these sizes please let us know.  417-778-6100 or 417-778-6908 paul@distillery-equipment.com