Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

2 questions

1. Do these work well with an all wheat grain bill?

2. In distilling if you lauter first and collect a wort. Do you need to boil the wort to kill bacteria before fermentation? In beer they boil after wort collection for both hops boil in and for sanitizing the wort.  Is this boil necessary before fermenting for sanitizing if you are not adding hops?

Below is a little 105 gallon Mash Tun stripping still that we completed today.   With the correct amount of copper packing in the column this still will give you more copper vapor interaction than an all copper pot still.  You can mash and distill in this unit.  You can even ferment in it if you like.  The price is less than $14,000 complete with the heating system and everything.  You can start with this unit and then add a dedicated mash tun and fermenters as needed.  

P5310345.JPG.7a51ebb5e5a19f70987a6df0f0a0085b.JPG

P5310346.JPG

• Thumbs up 1

So not only do we do distillery equipment we also manufacture and sell state of the art equipment for the extraction and concentration of oils from plant materials.  This equipment has uses in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries.  The extractor in the pics below will process 8lbs of plant material per run and it is capable of doing several runs per day.  Butane or propane can be used as the solvent.  The extraction is done under vacuum.  The vacuum pump is not shown.

P3210100-resized.jpg

P3210105-resized.jpg

P3210102-resized.jpg

Mike,

I am sorry about all of your heating system issues.  We typically do not have problems with our heating systems or agitators.  As far as I know we have helped you every time that you have asked us for help.  In fact, even though your warranty has long expired, it looks like we have replaced most of the electrical components on your still and I have paid for your electrician to do all of the work.  The last email that I received from you was about a month ago.   I think that the last time we spoke I told you if the problems continued I would have my people stop in after they do the delivery and set up that we have in OR.  The OR delivery has been moved forward twice. The customer in OR has had some building delays and so it looks like we will not be doing that delivery  until the middle of next month.   At this point, if you are still having problems, I think that the only thing that we can do is send my electrician out there.  The temp probe issue and the 5hr heat up time may be  a simple PID programing problem or possibly something else.  My guess is that it is something simple that he can fix in just a few minutes once he gets there.   Thank you.

14 hours ago, Carolina distiller said:

Looks good Paul. If this is going to Iowa i will be leaving Carolina in a few weeks to be the distiller up there. 

Yep, it's going to Iowa.      The safety manual and operating instructions will be in the crate. If you need anything at all or have any questions just let us know.  417-778-6100

Below are pics of some of the components for a very large vacuum set up that is going to a nutraceuticals company.  They are actually buying 4 complete extraction and reclamation systems from us for extracting oils from plant materials.  Each system has two 1000 gallon percolators and two 500 gallon vacuum stills as well as some receiving vessels and vacuum pumps etc.  They will be extracting oils from herbs such as Witch Hazel and Missouri Snake Root for medicines.

BI4.jpg

BI5.jpg

nycVilla,

I use a basic rule of thumb of 1000 to 1500 BTUs of low pressure steam boiler output per gallon of mash.  So 500,000 to 750,000 BTUs of low pressures steam boiler output per hour for the 500 gallon.

A 300 gallon turn key system, including the low pressure steam boiler, Mash Tun, 5 Fermenters, Up 60 gallon per minute variable speed mash pump,  explosion proof ethanol pump,  hoses for both pumps, 350 gallon UL listed ethanol storage tanks,  Receiving tanks and proofing tanks, would cost between $100,000 and $150,000 depending on which options are chosen.  For around $125,000 we can give you a complete system that will produce any spirit.

17 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

The the little baine marie mash Tun below was finished yesterday.

P6150506.JPG

Paul, 

How do these electric baine marie systems work?

I assume the electric elements are inserted into the jacket portion and used to heat up a volume of oil or some other heat transfer fluid.  Is the fluid circulated on a pump or not needed?

6 hours ago, Eud said:

Paul, 

How do these electric baine marie systems work?

I assume the electric elements are inserted into the jacket portion and used to heat up a volume of oil or some other heat transfer fluid.  Is the fluid circulated on a pump or not needed?

The elements are in the jacket.  Oil or water can be used as the heat transfer fluid.  No circulation pump is needed.  They are turn key, produce award winning spirits and  are in over 140 distilleries in the USA.

• Thumbs up 1