Introduction

Guest jrickard

Guest jrickard

Hello all. My name is Jack Rickard and I don't belong here. I have nothing to sell you, and I probably can't help you. I do make whiskey, brandy, rum, Mezcal, and the odd Peach Brandy in my garage. And I do like to drink it. I don't sell it. But Bill tells me I'll wind up in the Federal Penitentiary anyway, particularly if I show up here.

I use copper from Portugal, and oak from all over - France, Hugary, Missouri - I just like oak. I haven't really made any in a year, but that's one of the things I like about this hobby. If you just kind of get tired of it and quit doing it for a year, when you go back it just LOVES you. In fact, everything in the garage smells and tastes even better than when you left it.

I've got a web site, but it's about electric cars. http://evtv.me. It really hasn't a thing about whiskey.

But I will say that I like whiskey. I like making it. And I like drinking it. And I don't even mind talking about it a bit. I've made most everything. It's all good but it does cause a little brain damage cuz I doan spel as gutt as I yuzed tooh....

Jack

Hello Jack,

Before you get signed up for the new penitentiary in Illinois, can I ask you a quick question? I'm trying to learn how people use oak barrels and chips in the manufacture of mezcal and/or tequila. Would you mind giving me your thoughts and some guidance? My email addresses are robert.morey@att.net and robert@xtraoak.com.

Thanks!

Robert

Hello all. My name is Jack Rickard and I don't belong here. I have nothing to sell you, and I probably can't help you. I do make whiskey, brandy, rum, Mezcal, and the odd Peach Brandy in my garage. And I do like to drink it. I don't sell it. But Bill tells me I'll wind up in the Federal Penitentiary anyway, particularly if I show up here.

I use copper from Portugal, and oak from all over - France, Hugary, Missouri - I just like oak. I haven't really made any in a year, but that's one of the things I like about this hobby. If you just kind of get tired of it and quit doing it for a year, when you go back it just LOVES you. In fact, everything in the garage smells and tastes even better than when you left it.

I've got a web site, but it's about electric cars. http://evtv.me. It really hasn't a thing about whiskey.

But I will say that I like whiskey. I like making it. And I like drinking it. And I don't even mind talking about it a bit. I've made most everything. It's all good but it does cause a little brain damage cuz I doan spel as gutt as I yuzed tooh....

Jack