Forklift-Electric vs. Gas vs. EX

BigRed

What is the recommendation on forklifts to insure safe operations? I am leaning towards electric, but the need for a charger is costly and maybe inconvenient. An explosion proof, while obviously the safest, is also very expensive to own and the maintenance is very expensive. Is a natural gas one really dangerous if only operated when doors are open?

• Thumbs up 1

OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178(c)(2)(v)  requires an approved DS, ES, GS, or LPS an approved power operated industrial truck.   Opening the door to increase ventilation is not sufficient.

$3,500 dollar fine proves the point.

• Thumbs up 1

Any recommended brands? Use would be all indoors or paved, and require stacking on 3rd level of pallet rack. I am most likely going to rent daily for a few months, as working regular job getting started will limit the amount I spend at the distillery then buy/lease as needed.

since you are driving on pavement you can just look for what is out there....there are really just a handful of makers that fit their machines for these ratings.....I bought a used EE

LPS lifts are great but @3d0g is correct they are hard to come by. I had to take a long 4 hour drive to find one for sale. Cat makes some great LPS lifts but they are not cheap