Quick connect/disconnects for hoses

vsaks

What are people using for connecting hoses/pumps to tanks ? We are using tri-clamps but there are cases where we have to move the pumps between tanks. Getting the PTFE gaskets to seal is not as simple as I thought, and I don't relish the thought of doing it several times a day. High proof alcohol, so I don't want to use other elastomers like BUNA-N/Silicone.

One option I was looking at was these quick disconnects. Made of SS. But the O ring inside is probably rubber.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/female-stainless-steel-quick-disconnect-wbarb.html?site_id=9

EPDM is similar in consistency to Buna, but is rated better with regard to ethyl alcohol compatibility. You'll find it seals way better than PTFE, which is usually reserved for low-pressure connections that have to rotate in-place (like racking arms). Your cheapest and sanest option will be to try an EPDM gasket before you write off Tri Clamp fittings. Particularly since 90% of the equipment you buy will likely use Tri Clamp for the liquid process ports.

If your Teflon gaskets leak, throw them in the garbage and replace them.  If they get knicked, kinked, or deeply scratched, they’ll  find a way to leak.  Inspect your triclamp fittings for any damage as well.  Teflon is not at all forgiving, if you have a TC flange with a nick, it will seal fine the first time, but ruin the gaskets for future use.

Pretty much everything has a seal, so assume the worst when the type of rubber or plastic isn’t indicated.

Flaretek is a sanitary tube and fitting system that has zero gaskets.  You find it commonly in Pharma, with a price tag to match.

We went 100% camlock. It's a bit pricey initially but in the long run so much simpler to operate. We purchased a full roll of 2" Goodyear Purple Flexwing, a centerpunch crimp and fittings and made our own hoses. 

What gaskets do you have in your camlock with high proof alcohol ? Most of the camlock fittings I am looking at seem to have Buna-N gaskets

1 hour ago, indyspirits said:

We went 100% camlock. It's a bit pricey initially but in the long run so much simpler to operate. We purchased a full roll of 2" Goodyear Purple Flexwing, a centerpunch crimp and fittings and made our own hoses.