Tasting Room / On site Retail Sales

Looking to get new legislation passed in Georgia to allow a distillery to operate both a tasting room; and retail product on site. Currently working to change distillery law/guidelines based on current Georgia Farm Winery Act. I need a list of states that currently allow a tasting room and retail sales room. Need this information pretty quick. All help appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Missouri is open on that. In fact they allow retail and distribution by the distiller.

Copper Run Distillery near Branson MO is good example, as are 4 others in the state.

Good Luck........

Looking to get new legislation passed in Georgia to allow a distillery to operate both a tasting room; and retail product on site. Currently working to change distillery law/guidelines based on current Georgia Farm Winery Act. I need a list of states that currently allow a tasting room and retail sales room. Need this information pretty quick. All help appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Hi Jim,

The state of Washington allows those privileges to businesses classed as 'Craft Distilleries' and we hope that you can get the same permission.

All the best,

Rusty

Hi Jim.. Vermont has this.. they just passed it this year.. Nick

Unless it's been recently changed, only farm distilleries in NY are allowed to have tasting rooms and onsite retail sales. I'm a plain Jane A-1 micro-distillery and that's not allowed afaik. (It wasn't recently.)

California

Does California allow tasting rooms and on site sales? I was not aware of that. Are you sure and where can I find this information?.

Thanks

Unless it's been recently changed, only farm distilleries in NY are allowed to have tasting rooms and onsite retail sales. I'm a plain Jane A-1 micro-distillery and that's not allowed afaik. (It wasn't recently.)

As far as I know you are correct, but that doesn't detract that New York allows on sight sales and tastings -- there are just restrictions. I should have expanded more. Thanks.