Wash Ratios

Chillyw

I've been searching for the answer to this and have yet to see one for rum.  I have found it for whiskey and vodka, but not rum.

Is there a standard ratio of molasses/sugar/yeast/water for making the wash?

I.e. 1 pint molasses 1 pound sugar 1 oz yeast to one gallon water.

Is it a 1:1 ratio?

TIA

There are lots of ratios out there, and if you haven't already looked over The Distiller's Guide to Rum I'd start there, but because there are so few rules regarding rum styles you're going to need to figure out what type of rum you want to make and what you want to make it out of. As HedgeBird mentioned above, it can depend heavily on your molasses, but there is nothing that says you have to use molasses in your process. It can also depends heavily on your cane juice or sugar source. When I first started making 1 gallon rum washes from raw sugar (no additional molasses) I used ~1.2 lbs of sugar to a gallon of water, adjusted pH to 5.2, added yeast nutrient as recommended, and 2g of DADY. It yields a very soft, if uninteresting distillate but the recipe serves as a very basic recipe no matter what your sugar source is (I've used a similar nutrient/pH profile on agricole, and also on experiments incorporating molasses,  or using a different yeast).