Hi 

I am considering purchasing a double diaphragm pump to pump my mash from the mash tun to the fermenter then from the fermenter to he still then from the still to holding tanks. I will be distilling on the grain. My equipment is all just 100 gallons. I am hoping to get your opinion on this set of specs.: 1.5" inlet/outlet aluminum double diaphragm self priming pump , ball  is EPDM, check seat and diaphragm santoprene, max temp 212F and maximum solids 9/16". What do you think.

Thank You in advance

SCD is right on wanting stainless wetted parts.

Some customers I talk to have trouble with using AODD pumps for mash unless you are religious about keeping them clean. Any gunk that gets stuck and "baked on" the ball valve or seats can prevent it from sealing properly, meaning you have to partially break them down to remove the offending debris. Otherwise the pump will chug and chug without moving anything. Some other styles of pump are less prone to this: FIP, RPD, or Peristaltic, for example.

Sailer,

SCD and Michael are  correct, you certainly do not want to have aluminum wetted parts.  Also with AODD pumps you not only have the cost of the pump, you also have the cost of the air compressor to run the pump.  AODD pumps with 1.5" ports will use a lot of air.  The graco 1040 saniforce that we sell can use up to 50 cfm of air.  A 50 CFM compressor will cost between $3,800 to $5,000 and they will be 3 phase.  I suggest one of our Jabsco flexible impeller pumps.  It is self priming reversable and it has veriable pumping speeds of  up to 20 gpm.  It is also on a cart.  https://shop.distillery-equipment.com/collections/brewing-distilling-equipment-accessories/products/20-gpm-jabsco-flexible-impeller-pump

Thank you for all your replies.

They have  been a big help. Hoping to save some money here and there but in the long run the stainless versions will be my best bet. I gotta say every time I check the ADI forum I am amazed by everyones willingness to help.

Thanks again