5110.28 Processing Report - partial case

johnbsys

Last month I bottled 46 cases and had 9 bottles left over (1.43 Proof Gallons).  On my 5110.28 Processing report, I put 0 in line 27 under 'Bottled' and 1.43 on line 46.

This month I bottled 34 cases (64.67 Proof Gallons) and had 5 bottles left over (0.79 Proof Gallons) (Total = 65.56 PG). 

I combined 12 of the remaining bottles into a 35th case so now I only have 2 bottles in Processing (0.32 PG).

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to account for this on form 5110.28. 

I placed 65.56 PG on line 9 (34 cases plus 5 bottles).

I place 1.49 PG on line 27 (9 bottles from previous month).

On line 28 I placed 0.79 PG (5 bottles)) under Bottled and 66.57 (35 cases) under Packaged.

I placed the remaining 2 bottles on line 46 (0.32 PG).

Needless to say, the Pay.gov edits failed miserably.  Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks, John

If I understand your question, and the form correctly, anything you bottle should go under the bottled column whether it goes into a case or not. The packaged column is for something else. Look at package under the glossary of terms.

All filled bottles stay on line 46 until they leave your DSP and you pay tax on them. Hopefully that helps.

You have made this way more complicated than it is. The proof gallons bottled should have gone on line 9 and line 28 co. b the first month. This report is all about proof gallons, case/bottles don't matter really. In succeeding months, the bottled inventory carries forward on the part II side of the form. As new products are bottled their proof gallons get added to part II from part I and usually you will have nothing left on line 26. As products are removed from bond, line 33 col. b  most likely, their proof gallons are subtracted. In my opinion, you should re-submit the first report correctly as an amended report, top right of form. Then onwards from there. Message me if you want.

Not sure if you got your answer yet but here's simplified look at the form.  Looking at the front page of the report you have two major columns Bulk Ingredients and Finished Products. 

Starting at the top of Part I Bulk,  Lines 1-8 = What you had on hand (not bottled) and what you added to the account that month, Lines 9-26 = what you did with that stuff (where did it go?)  Line 1 = what you had hanging out in your processing account that was NOT bottled before the end of the previous month (sitting in your bottling tank or something like that), Line 2 = anything that you transferred into processing to be bottled either from production or storage, these two total on Line 8.  Line 9 = how much of Line 8 you actually put in bottles, Line 24 = what was lost during bottling, Line 25 = what you didn't bottle that month (still hanging out in your bottling/proofing tank or something like that).  So again left side = what'd you have for bulk spirits in your processing account that month and then what did you do with it.

The right side of the page, Part II Finished Products covers what you did with your bottled product.  Lines 27-31 = bottled product that you didn't sell the previous month + what you bottled (Line 28 = Line 9).  Lines 32-47 = what did you do with your bottled product that month?  you sold some = line 33, may have destroyed some (purposeful destructions)=line 39, broke some = Line 44 and had some left over = Line 46.  So again right side = whats the total amount of bottled product you had that month and where did it all go

• Thumbs up 1

"...The packaged column is for something else. Look at package under the glossary of terms."

Are you saying that I should not use the 'PACKAGED' column at all?  So for on line 28 instead of putting the PG of what I cased under PACKAGED and left over bottles PG under BOTTLED I should just put it all under BOTTLED?

Thanks,

John

27 minutes ago, johnbsys said:

"...The packaged column is for something else. Look at package under the glossary of terms."

Are you saying that I should not use the 'PACKAGED' column at all?  So for on line 28 instead of putting the PG of what I cased under PACKAGED and left over bottles PG under BOTTLED I should just put it all under BOTTLED?

Thanks,

John

If you are bottling into actual bottles you should be using the bottled column. So yes it should all go together under "bottled". It is all about proof gallons; case/bottles should be added up appropriately and translated into PG.