Point of Sale System

Shopkeep has worked well for us, with a couple glitches. We use it for both cocktail bar service and retail package sales. It allows each product to have different taxes and allowed discounts. What it does not do is allow a volume or flat per piece excise tax to be included in addition to a percentage tax, which is inconvenient for us, because our county charges one that needs to be called out separately.  Most don't have this problem. It is most affordable if you use their offered credit card processing, which we found competitive with what we were using at the start with them (National) and others we priced. You must use an iPad. You can use more than one, but each has a monthly charge, which is a pain when you may wish to use another unit just for the occasional event or during busy days. So, we use a Square in parallel for off-site events. I think Shopkeep leaves money on the table not offering a way to have a unit running that is not a full regular use register. It was as little as $50/mo, but now it is $70/mo.

Square is great on most all levels.  When you get over 250k annually in sales you can request a lower merchant rate. They will ask that you don't publicize the rate so I won't. But it did drop and life is good. ?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am new to this site and late to the game but I have an all in one sales solution to consider. Active Club Solutions did start in the wine industry but we have numerous distillery clients that LOVE our system. Active is POS, Ecommerce, Club, Inventory, Marketing, and more in real time. Using a mobile app on an Ipad you have all your customer data captured in one complete system. To learn more send me a note or check out www.activeclubsolutions.com. 

• 1 month later...

In December Active will be at the Craft Beverage Expo in Louisville, Kentucky. You can have a demo right on the trade show floor with Thomas Crouch of Active. Active will be there helping producers like yourself find tailored solutions to meet the specific needs of the craft industry. Join us on the trade show floor for FREE or, for a limited time, take $100 OFF your conference pass.  Use the PROMO CODE "ACT18" to register for complimentary access. To register go to www.craftbeverageexpo.com.

CraftBev_logo.png