Hand Held Heat Tunnel

coop

I need to replace my old heat gun for one that is a tunnel type. I use it for shrinking Caplets. I want to mount it on a stand and just stick my bottle into it for a few seconds. A hand held one will work and I would build a mount for it but I cannot find one. Coop

Hi Coop,

For comparison's sake, four outfits carry what you are looking for:

Napa Fermentation Supply

The Compleat Winemaker

G.W. Kent

St Pat's of Texas

All the best,

Rusty

GW KENT has the machine you are looking for on page 40 of their catalog. It is Item Number 3501, and it costs $1,595, and it works like a charm. I had one I bought 30 years ago, and at that time I had only paid $200 and it still works, however even though we have a bottling line, I will never part with this because it is still a great piece of equitment.

GW Kent phone # 1800-333-4288

Good Luck

-Mike

GW KENT has the machine you are looking for on page 40 of their catalog. It is Item Number 3501, and it costs $1,595, and it works like a charm. I had one I bought 30 years ago, and at that time I had only paid $200 and it still works, however even though we have a bottling line, I will never part with this because it is still a great piece of equitment.

GW Kent phone # 1800-333-4288

Good Luck

-Mike

Thanks for all your help. The hand held unit was just what I needed. Coop

What performance improvement is the tunnel type machine over the regular heat gun?

The heat gun we were using you had to rotate the bottle and sometimes shrinking was un even and if you held it a little, very little too long in one spot it melted the capsule. The tunnel provides the same amount of heat all around the capsule at the same time. After I mount the tunnel to a stand all I will have to do is insert the bottle neck into the tunnel for about a second and it is done. I will be able to shrink ten times faster. Coop

okey dokey, I guess I won't use a Home Depot heat gun!

Do not rule out Home Depot heat gun. Ours worked great for 2.5 years. You just need to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time if you know what I mean. The new one will just be a lot faster and easier for help to use. Coop