Dephleg, column temp probe

nabtastic

Hi all,

I'm looking for a thermowell and digital temp probe for our Artisan Still dephleg water and column temps.  The unit is going to Swede's distillery control box.  I think it's a 24v, 3-wire signal.   This is a replacement unit - the original came with the still and has a sticker for model #, mfc, etc but doesn't actually have a model # or mfc or anything else..

Thanks in advance.  I can add pictures of the unit later if needed.

23 hours ago, nabtastic said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a thermowell and digital temp probe for our Artisan Still dephleg water and column temps.  The unit is going to Swede's distillery control box.  I think it's a 24v, 3-wire signal.   This is a replacement unit - the original came with the still and has a sticker for model #, mfc, etc but doesn't actually have a model # or mfc or anything else..

Thanks in advance.  I can add pictures of the unit later if needed.

probably a 3-wire RTD sensor. super easy to get and cheap.

Yes it is.  The item in question looked like it was one piece but the thermowell and RTD were just fused together.. I appreciate your help DD

I would not consider use of a thermowell.  The PT100 which can fit into the thermowell is initself sealed ... well generally it is and so this is sufficient for your use.

The thermowell is basically a protection pocket for the PT100.

The comment as to why I would not use the thermowell is because you will have temperature inacuracies due to delayed heat transfer through the pocket.

I make custom sensors and thermowells. You will have delayed temperature indication but in the Defl. the temperatures don't change faster than the sensor will react. Normally a thermowell is used when there is a lot of liquid volume or the system can't be shut down on sensor failure. 

The solution we recommend in critical applications is to have redundant RTD's in the sensor. Call www.actsensors.com 1-800-877-8820 ask for sales.

You will need to verify the sensor is 100 ohms or other value.